The hidden health benefits of tea
People have been drinking tea for its ability to relax and revitalize the mind. Additionally, teas have many health benefits that can boost immunity, reduce inflammation and the risk of heart disease.
Before you go ahead and Buy Aged Pu-erh tea, here are some of the most popular teas and how they can improve a person’s health and wellbeing.
- White tea – White tea is made using the new shoots from the Camellia Sinesis plant and thus has the least amount of caffeine. It is high in antioxidants and a good source of fluoride, catechins and tannins that help to strengthen teeth and fight plaque.
- Herbal tea – Herbal teas are made using herbs, spices, and dried fruit to create a blend that is healthy and tasty. Herbal teas contain no caffeine, so they are an ideal drink to consume any time of day. The most popular herbal teas include chamomile, rooibos, peppermint, hibiscus, and ginger. Each of these teas offer different benefits from improved sleep to pain relief.
- Green tea – Green tea is high in flavonoids which helps to boost heart health and lower cholesterol by reducing blood clots. Green tea has also been shown to reduce the occurrence of certain cancers due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Black tea – Black tea is made using the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant, but the leaves are dried and fermented giving it its dark color and high caffeine content. This variety of tea also offers flavonoids that reduce inflammation and support immunity.
- Oolong tea – Oolong tea is made with little oxidization, so it is somewhere in between green and black tea. Oolong tea has l-theanine which is an amino acid that helps calm the body and mind while improving alertness. It can also help prevent cognitive diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. Buy your next batch of tea from GenerationTea.com.